By Brett Anderson
New Orleans’ Best
“I’ve also added Chophouse New Orleans, which I consider to be running neck-and-neck with (…) for the title of Smoothest Running Steakhouse in New Orleans. If I wrote books, I’m convinced I could fill one exploring my obsession with this particular restaurant genre.”
Meat Your Heart Out ❤️ at Chophouse New Orleans
Reservations are accepted and encourage Valentine’s weekend: call 504.522.7902 or >click here<
New Year’s Eve Menu
Shrimp Cocktail or
Thick Cut Sizzling Bacon
Chophouse Salad or
Filet Mignon 12oz.
Redfish Almandine with Crabmeat
New York Strip 16oz.
Creamed Spinach and Hashbrowns
New York Cheesecake with Berries or
Key Lime Pie
(one bottle per couple)
JC Boisset No. 21 Brut
One item per course
$125 per person, excludes tax and gratuity | Regular menu available until 8:00PM
Click here or call 504.522.7902
Reservations are limited to availability
Seatings are from 5 – 6PM, 7 – 8PM & 9 – 10PM
(Reservations after 9PM will have the table for the evening)
A credit card is required at the time of reservation. 48-hour cancellation.
Stone Crabs and Lobster (3 to 13 lbs.) – A.Q.
Happy New Year!
Feast on USDA Prime this Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 24 | Open: Noon-8pm
Call 504-522-7902 | Online reservations
Charleston-based restaurant company serves up nearly 15,000 meals for veterans
ATLANTA (November 16, 2016) – As Americans reflect on Veteran’s Day 2016, The Tavern at Phipps, New York Prime, Joey D’s Oak Room, California Dreaming and five additional CentraArchy Restaurants concepts throughout the Southeast have counted 14,868 heroes and their families served on this day of appreciation. The free and discounted Veteran’s Day meals represent a total value of over $150,000.
“While we can never truly repay our veterans for their sacrifices and service, it is important and necessary that each of us do what we can to show our continuous appreciation for those men and women who have served our country,” said CentraArchy president and CEO Greg Greenbaum.
CentraArchy Restaurants include The Tavern at Phipps, New York Prime, Joey D’s Oak Room, California Dreaming and five additional concepts (19 restaurants company-wide). The company honored veterans and active duty military service members with free entrées and 25% off entrées to accompanying family.
For more information about CentraArchy Restaurants, visit www.centraarchy.com.
Media Contact: Amber Stewart at 404.929.0311 / email@example.com
Family-run Restaurants Serve Veterans
ATLANTA (October 19, 2016) – To all the brave men and women who have served and continue to serve in our armed forces, your service deserves ours. All 19 CentraArchy Restaurants* are showing their gratitude this Veterans Day, Friday, November 11, by honoring veterans and active duty military service members with a FREE entrée and 25% off entrée(s) to their accompanied family.
“Many members of the CentraArchy family, have served our country, including my father,” said Greg Greenbaum, President of CentraArchy Restaurants, “this is just one way we want to recognize their service and say thank you.”
Visit *New York Prime, California Dreaming, The Tavern at Phipps, Chophouse New Orleans, Carolina Roadhouse, Joey D’s Oak Room, Chophouse ’47, Gulfstream Café, & Burro Loco on Friday, November 11, 2016 with a valid military ID or proof of service to enjoy a free entrée from the regular dinner menu (excluding AQ items, Porterhouse, alcohol and tax). For location details and hours of operation, please visit www.centraarchy.com.
Media Contact: Amber Stewart at 404.929.0311 / firstname.lastname@example.org
CentraArchy Restaurants is helping make breast cancer history
UPDATE (November 1, 2016) – THANK YOU to all who purchased Pink Kiss martinis during the month of October. We’re proudly donating $15,632 after selling 2,775 drinks!
ATLANTA (October 1, 2016) – CentraArchy Restaurants continues in its commitment to National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with its sixth annual “Pink Kiss for the Cure” campaign, where all 19 restaurants sell a limited edition Pink Kiss martini. The restaurants have raised more than $80,000 for breast cancer research and care, and this month, the restaurants hope to add thousands more to that total. The campaign will run through the end of the month with proceeds benefiting The Pink Agenda.
The Pink Agenda’s beliefs coincide with that of the restaurants, “… spread the word about breast cancer, reflect on the research being done to cure it, and honor our loved ones who have been affected by it, while at the same time having a great time.” Throughout the month of October, 50% of the sales from Pink Kiss martini will be donated to The Pink Agenda. Additionally, the restaurant staff will be donned in pink, as well as the complimentary golf tees at New York Prime and Chophouse ‘47.
Together with their guests, CentraArchy Restaurants; New York Prime, California Dreaming, The Tavern at Phipps, Chophouse New Orleans, Carolina Roadhouse, Joey D’s Oak Room, Chophouse ’47, Gulfstream Café and Burro Loco, are committed to finding tomorrow’s cure. Fans are encouraged to share their photo-worthy images on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #PinkKiss.
Contact: 404-929-0311 / email@example.com
Tuesday, October 4 at 6pm
Hosted by Dewar’s Ambassador, Gabe Cardarella
Dewar’s 12 Old Fashioned
Thick Cut Sizzling Bacon
Royal Brackala 12
Delmonico Steak 12oz.
Lyonnaise Potatoes & Creamed Spinach
New York Cheesecake with Berries
$89 per person | excludes tax and gratuity
RESERVATIONS, call: 504-522-7902 or click here to reserve online
Chophouse New Orleans
322 Magazine Street
Located in the CBD
Barbara and I met at Tulane University several years ago. Actually, more than several, but who’s counting.
As luck would have it, we made a few bucks over the years in several different businesses, one of which was restaurants. Obviously, New Orleans was a target market, but with all the wonderful food in this great city, why “carry coals to Newcastle?”
That said, the urge never got far from the surface and since we already operate several prime steakhouses, opening one here makes sense rather than a seafood oriented, chef driven menu like most of the great restaurants of the city.
So how do we distinguish our steakhouse from the others in New Orleans? Our food differences are many and too complicated to cover here, but if you are interested in the details, click here. Besides higher quality food, we also plan to produce a feeling of a “happening joint” reminiscent of an earlier time – in the style of Toots Shor, The Stork Club, Brown Derby and even The Beverly Club right here in New Orleans. Sorry, but you gotta go around the corner to Harrah’s if you want to chance lady luck.
Our son Greg is the President of our restaurant company. He has assembled a team of professionals who bring with them a wealth of hospitality experience most of which is here in New Orleans. Barbara and I will be in the restaurant much of the time as well and have bought a home in New Orleans, our favorite city. Be sure and ask for us so we can get to know you personally.
Thanks for visiting Chophouse New Orleans and thanks too for reading our story.
Barbara and Jerry Greenbaum
At Chophouse New Orleans we use simple preparations to display the distinct flavors of fresh, highest quality ingredients. Some of the characteristics that set us apart from our competitors are:
• We serve only USDA grade prime for every cut of beef – including filets. Only the top 3% of all beef is graded prime. Certified Angus some restaurants brag about is choice grade, not prime. Our steaks are aged a minimum of 4 weeks for extra flavor and cut to the exact weights shown on the menu. Strip and porterhouse cuts are trimmed of fat and the porterhouse is a true porterhouse with both filet and strip sides. We don’t call a T-bone a porterhouse or serve a 16 oz. strip steak with 13 ounces of steak and 3 ounces of fat.
• Our filets are barrel cuts only – no gristle, no chains (the thin piece of meat hanging on the side of the filet) and no V-cut heads. This raises our costs tremendously, especially since we are one of the few steakhouses in the U.S.A. that uses only prime for filets. (Yes, we believe our guests can taste the difference.) But with these tight quality controls, at Chophouse New Orleans no one gets the cheaper head cuts or meat from the chain to make it look like there is more on the plate. And our carpaccio is made with only prime tenderloin as well.
• Besides top quality properly aged meat, the technique for broiling steaks and chops and the equipment used greatly affect the taste of the final product. Our chefs are trained on our 1700° Southbend™ broilers with the exact procedures to produce just the right amount of caramelization for extra flavor.
• We use U-10s or larger for our shrimp dishes. There is a tremendous price premium for these giant shrimp versus smaller ones. Our crab meat cocktail is made with jumbo lump crab meat only – double the cost of regular crab meat. Lobster tails are cold water only.
• We serve only 2 different varieties of fish: steak cuts of sea bass and a local Gulf fish. By limiting variety, we move our fish out before they can get old in our coolers so each fish is really “the fish of the day.”
• Baked potatoes are jumbo Idahos only, each weighing at least 1 pound. All our potatoes are fresh – never frozen.
• Coffee is premium brewed to our specifications from a tiny New Orleans specialty coffee producer we have done business with continuously for over 25 years. The decaf is so good it tastes like real coffee.
• With over 40 years experience buying wine commercially, I have personally selected the wines on our list. We stock relatively inexpensive to the best wines of the world and modestly mark them up to permit experimentation in every quality level.
• Our environment is pre-planned for comfort. We use chairs that are large and comfortable, not the tiny bentwood chairs often found elsewhere in New Orleans. We also monitor our sound level to be sure there is energy in the room from our nightly live entertainment in the bar but not so loud as to prohibit conversation at the table.
Thank you for dining with us tonight. We hope your visit to Chophouse New Orleans exceeds your expectations in every respect.